* Listen to your children or grandchildren - how do they like to communicate?
* Ask your customers or clients what channels they now use
* Monitor your key competitors closely - of course the best way to do this is via social media but you can still gauge a lot from simply Googling them
* Dip your toe into the water by focusing on just one social media site - LinkedIn is the perfect start
* Analyse what sales and marketing channels work best for you. Are you getting a decent ROI on your investment? If not, then there's your reason to change
* Keep learning. As I wrote in one of my other articles, it is vital to Innovate, Educate and Relate