The purpose of the session was to look at how SMEs are supported in the UK. Topics included:
* Current government perspective on the role of small business and how they are supported within the UK to include pre-start and start up
* The current thinking around how this support is delivered and is it appropriate in style and funding?
* Is the American Small Business Administration a model of business support we could use here in the UK?
* Will there be an impact / lag with the withdrawal of funding by EU as we approach 2021?
* If so how is this going to be managed to enable an active growing economy of new and emerging businesses?