· Virtually attending conferences - just about all major events will have a dedicated hashtag. Just Google the event or search for it on Twitter
· Networking - up and down the country, geographically based tweet-ups are springing up, reaching out to Millennials who don't like traditional networking or those business owners who can't attend in person for a variety of reasons
· Business intelligence - what are people talking about and who are the key influencers using hashtags that you may need to reach out to?
· Product development - the more you learn about your audience, the better you understand them and ultimately the better you can supply them with the products and services they want
· Monitoring your brand or products - many companies now invest considerably in listening, engaging and ultimately measuring what is being said about them online
· User generated content - by creating your own hashtag and asking customers to add it to posts, you can build a rich content reservoir